Let the Good Times Roll...
Woo hoo and a huge thank you to our community!
Together we raised $42, 000!
We will be using those funds to off-set our transportation challenges! Over fall break, an email was sent letting us know that transportation would not be able to transport our kids on their Winter Voyages. I wish I could tell you exactly what the plan will be. I am in conversation and planning with district leadership to determine the most appropriate way to move forward. We are looking at purchasing a 71 passenger yellow bus. This way, we will be able to transport an entire grade level. This has never been done in the district, so we are setting a new precedent, which means the process is slow!
As I know more about the plan, I will communicate how we will move forward. It is with so much appreciation that I thank you for the dollars raised to allow us to have the money to have a viable solution to the transportation challenges. We know the power of taking the kids out into the world - and we know this is powerful learning for them. We are so grateful to have a community so invested in supporting us when we have a need. We are committed to not letting the transportation challenges impact what we can do for our kids.
Costume Parade
Thank you all for coming to the Costume Parade today! What fun to see each of the students have their 'Tah Dah' moment showing off their costume. It is so wonderful to honor the joys of childhood.
A Mom First
My daughter Morgan, is having a baby...in Japan! I have arranged to take the month of November to go share this special time with her.
![]() |
| Costume fun! Jenny and myself |
Jenny Henry, a fourth-grade teacher here at Renaissance, holds a principal’s license. Jenny has generously agreed to cover the building while I am gone so that we do not need to bring an outside administrator in. Jenny will continue to be the primary teacher in her classroom and will have a full-time substitute teacher (Ms. Staci Teague, who designed our RAD t-shirts!) in her classroom for the full month of November. When something arises that would pull Jenny from her classroom, Ms. Staci will be there to take over.
While I will be supporting and helping my daughter, and soaking up the precious early weeks of my grandson's birth - I'll also be able to check email and stay connected to support the needs of our school. I will monitor those things that can be done remotely and Jenny will be in the building to take care of the face-to-face interactions. Please reach out to Jenny if you need her either through contacting the front office, or emailing her at jenny.henry@dcsdk12.org.
See you soon!
Deborah





No comments:
Post a Comment