Wednesday, May 24, 2017

May 23, 2017



Surprise! It's twins!



We are excited to announce and share that Ms. Lauren, our kindergarten teacher, is pregnant with twins!! 
As Ms. Lauren transitions into her new role as a mother, Ms. Jennifer Freedman (our current second grade teacher) is going to transition to step into the role of kindergarten teacher!


Welcome Ms. Gina to Second Grade!

My name is Gina Taylor and I am thrilled to be joining the second grade crew for the 2017-2018 school year!  I have been teaching in Douglas County for the past four years as a Learning Specialist for students with significant needs.  Although I adore special education, I have been wanting to expand my own knowledge and expertise, which led me to Renaissance!



I am a firm believer in fostering a true classroom community.  I relish collaborative relationships with students and families alike, as both are invested in our classroom community, or crew.  Every learner has unique needs and learning styles that need to be met.  I take pride in my ability to provide those necessities in order to keep students engaged and learning at their highest potential.

After long breaks and family visits, you will notice my Chicago accent quite a bit more!  I am from the southwest suburbs of Chicago and am a White Sox fan (and anyone who beats the Cubs- Go Rockies)!  I attended the University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign, where I met my now-husband, Andrew.  We live in town with our two fur babies, Brinley and Zoey.  We spend most of our free time at the dog park, skiing, and taking advantage of all of what Colorado has to offer.  We are so fortunate to be living in such a beautiful part of the country!   




I am looking forward to growing with you and your child this upcoming school year!


Celebrating with Ms. Mary Beth

Celebrating Ms. Mary Beth as she moves forward
 in her personal journey!

"Dear REMS Crew,
My time has come.  After 25 years in Douglas County, I'm being called out to do new things.
I've been here for six years and my first crew is graduating too...we've come full circle now.
My hope and dream is that I'll leave behind a legacy of love.
I have such love for all of you who have touched my life!  The future of your children matter to me and I'd love to hear from you.
Or, if you need me for any reason down the road, I'm your girl.

Please find me if you'd like my contact information.  I've made little business cards to hand out, 
along with my very best hug.
I'll deeply miss this work, and you.
We are Crew. It takes a village.  Thanks for allowing me to help you grow your children.
With love, Mary Beth"

Thank you, Mary Beth, for sharing your expertise, passion and love with Renaissance!!



Welcome Ed Goulart to First Grade!


My name is Ed Goulart, also known as Mr. G., and I am delighted to be joining the staff of Renaissance Expeditionary Magnet School. I have been teaching for over 20 years now, most of that time spent teaching first graders. I hold a B.A. in Fine Arts from Curry College and an M.Ed. from Lesley University. In addition, I am trained and certified in Montessori education. I am an avid naturalist, bird-watcher and rock hound. I also love playing the guitar and singing. I regularly find ways to bring my loves of music and science into my classroom community. I am looking forward to the adventure of this new school year.

For even more information check this out!




No comments:

Post a Comment