Monday, February 25, 2019

February 25, 2019



A Call For Support




Dear Renaissance Community,

As people, we are constantly challenged by the things that need doing, the people who need us, and giving everything the attention it deserves. That's true here at school too. No two kids need exactly the same thing - and they need individual attention and help.

Last year, the funds raised at Life is Art paid for instructional assistants.  This year, Life Is Art will dedicate the money raised again to instructional support at our school - both through dollars for salaries for instruction and for resources. This support is critical for our kids. It just makes sense that it's people who make the difference.

I put together this quick video clip to show you all the people, each and every day, making our vision here at Renaissance, happen for kids.






Everyday I am grateful, humbled and inspired by the dedication of the staff here at Renaissance. There are no boundaries around roles and responsibilities - and only people who gladly step up to support kids. Staff who notice. They notice who needs more help, who needs a few more repetitions or a faster pace, who needs more challenge and who could use some more hugs. 

And. (drum roll)..did you know that our very own Mr. Josh is going to be our Master Of Ceremony for Life Is Art...and our auctioneer? Can I say, we are going to have some fun! Come see him in action - he'll truly be a show worth seeing!

Years ago, when Life Is Art was just an idea in the making - it was born of two thoughts. One - to support the school with raising funds, and the second - to bring the adult community together to develop a deeper level of belonging in our parent Crew. We knew it was important to have some fun and connect.

Those two goals are true today. Come to Life Is Art!

Warmly,
Ms. Deborah
* If attending the event is something you are not able to do, donations of any amount are so appreciated. 
Every donation is just the right amount! 



P.S. I know many of your kiddos shared with you that as a service project we made over 700 Valentines to send to the students of Zama Elementary School in Zama, Japan. 
When I visited the school I did not know it was the custom that I should bring a gift for all 700 students! So, to make things right, I asked our students if they would help me to correct the mistake I made, and we would send all the students a Valentine. 
Together, we all spent an hour one afternoon making Valentines and I mailed them off.
The Valentines finally arrived! Here are a few photos of the kids in Japan with their Valentines! They were thrilled!
(Notice the kids posing making the peace sign? VERY standard pose in Japan!)






No comments:

Post a Comment