Saturday evening was the opportunity to recognize educators in our school district at the Apple Award Ceremony. I was so proud to sit and celebrate with Lisa Johnson, our teacher award winner and Andrea Bollman, our classified award winner.
During the ceremony Liz Fagen, Superintendent of Douglas County Schools, announces the award for World Class Educator of the year and I am thrilled to share with you that the award was bestowed to our beloved Kathy Carter.
I knew in advance, and was sworn to secrecy, so I was barely containing my excitement as I awaited the announcement. Seated in the room, at a table far away and out of her sight, sat Kathy's children and friends also awaiting the special moment of recognition.
Here is the link to the video:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?
It's important as a community that we have the opportunity to participate in the recognition of these fine educators. I know Kathy would say that Renaissance has many World Class Educators, and she would be right - and it was wonderful to shine the light on them. Join me in celebrating their special, well deserved moment.
Congratulations Lisa, Andrea and Kathy!
No comments:
Post a Comment