Friday, December 14, 2012

December 14, 2012

Dear Families,

I know all of us are in a state of shock over the tragedy in Connecticut today. There are simply no words -
This horrifying event impacts all of us who have children and/or who care for children each day.

Ms. Jill shared a quote that she finds comforting during times of tragedy. I found this quote very powerful and supportive and hope that it will be a comfort to all of you.  I do believe that there are so many caring people in this world. Certainly, our Renaissance community.  


“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, “Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.” To this day, especially in times of “disaster,” I remember my mother’s words and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers – so many caring people in this world.” - Mr. Rogers

Our thoughts and prayers are with the staff and families impacted by this senseless and horrific tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut.  

Ms. Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment